Astican keeps calm and carries on.
Astican Shipyard, Las Palmas
Fugro Searcher is a 66m Research Vessel built in 2010, she is technically managed from Aberdeen. Wilmot Marine have developed a good working relationship with the team at Fugro Aberdeen and as a result our shipyard principals have managed to bid and win work from this offshore fleet.
Some of the works carried out on the Fugro Searcher at Astican:
Mechanical / hydraulic works:
· Port and starboard side Schottel propeller renew.
· Renew bow thruster
· Overhauling of hydraulic cylinders from A-Frame and provision crane
· Replace starboard and portside launch booms
· Overhaul 6 blocks PVG valves
· Alignment of electric drive motors
· Overhauling electric motor bow thruster
· Alternators: Renew bearings, clean with dielectric products, check insulation, dry, refit covers and mount back in good order
· Checking and tighten all connections and insulation test of Main Switchboard and Emergency Switchboard
· Testing and cleaning breakers in workshop. Safety test on board.
Hull treatment works:
· Install carpet as hull protection